Kazan medical state university: INTRODUCTION
Kazan State Medical University is a multifunctional and multi-leveled state institution of higher learning in medicine. It meets both personal and social needs in acquiring education in medicine, in developing biomedical and clinical sciences, as well as broadening scientific knowledge of medical sciences. Kazan State Medical University (KSMU) functions on the basis of self-governance and belongs to the system of Higher Education and Scientific Research of the Ministry of Health of Russia. The highest body or KSMU self-governance is academic with the university's regulations. On March 6, 1994, the university was issued with a license number 16 G - 235 by the State Committee of the Russian Federation of Higher Education which grants the right to perform activities in the field of professional education. Under the auspices of Kazan State Medical University their work a pharmaceutical and two medical colleges in Kazan, one medical college Mary EI Republic, lychee, and biomedical classes on a secondary school basis.
This complex educational system in the framework of the university provides a continuous higher education of medicine. Kazan State Medical University carries on an aimed preparation of experts in different fields of medicine for 10 republics, Povolzhie, and Ural regions. According to the results of a rating of medical schools, KSMU takes the 16 places among 86 other universities. (The Gourman Report A rating of graduate and Professional programs in American and International Universities, Fifth Edition. Revised Dr. Jack Gourman Nation Educational Standards. 1989) Founded in 1814, KSMU was the second university institution to be founded in Kazan, the third medical university institution in Russia.
Remarkable Dates Of History KSMU:-
- 5th of November (according to the old calendar) 1804 Emperor Alexander I declares in his royal command to establish a University in the city of Kazan
- 14th of May (2nd of May according to the old calendar) 1814 - Establishment of the "Department of Doctoral or Medical sciences" of Kazan University
- 1837 - The Anatomical Theatre was built
- 1840 - The University Clinic was opened
- 1858 - The Physiological Laboratory is launched
- 1893 - The first editions of "The Neurology Newsletter" are published
- 1900 - The complex of University Clinics starts functioning; the Bacteriological Institute is established on the basis of the Medical Faculty
- 1901 - The first editions of "Kazan Medical Journal" are published
- 5th of November, 1930 - The Medical Faculty of Kazan State University is reorganized into Kazan State Medical Institute
- 1930 - Establishment of the Faculty of Prophylactic Medicine (Sanitary Medicine)
- 1932 - The Pediatric Faculty is created
- 1954 - Establishment of the Dental Faculty
- 1975 - Training at the Pharmaceutical Faculty is launched
- 1991 - The Faculty of Social Work is established
- 1994 - The Faculty of Management and Higher Nursing Education starts functioning
- 29th of April 1994 - Kazan State Medical Institute is reorganized and acquires the status of Kazan State Medical University
Kazan State Medical University CurriculumGRADUATE MEDICAL COURSE - M.B.B.S
DURATION OF THE COURSE: 6 YEARS.
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION: ENGLISH/RUSSIAN
The degree awarded would be the M.D (Physician), which is the basic degree equivalent to the M.B.B.S in India. The degree M.D (Physician) should not be confused as a postgraduate qualification. In the case of dentistry, the degree awarded would be B.D.S.