Study MBBS in Latvia
Fulfill your goal of studying medicine abroad, in the land of Latvia, and provide your career the exposure of European standards. Latvia, Baltic republican is a country located in Northern Europe. Four countries shares border with Latvia namely Estonia, Russia, Belarus, and Lithuania. Riga is the capital of the beautiful country. At a very affordable tuition fees and low cost of living Universities in Latvia provide students with advanced teaching methods and clinical practice in the field of medicine.
Two universities offer medical courses in Latvia:
- Riga Stradins University
- University of Latvia
Both universities teach students with advanced learning methods and well-equipped practical sessions. The quality education system is offered to students at an affordable price ranging between 6890-8040 Euros per year. Universities in Latvia offer Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degree programs in a variety of fields to choose from such as Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, etc.
- Highly ranked Universities: University of Latvia and Riga Stradins University holds remarkable merit for pursuing medical sciences.
- Mode of study: University in Latvia offers a similar instruction pattern as colleges in UK, USA, or India at much affordable costs. The course duration for MBBS is 6 years and the course duration for Masters is 2 years.
- Globally recognized degree: The Latvian medical degree is valid internationally and is recognized by WHO, MCI and many other international standards and organizations. Students are prepared for various licensing exams like USMLE, PLAB, MCI, etc. in the course duration.
- Affordable fees structure: One of the appealing features of pursuing MBBS in Latvia is the comparatively low fee structure. No donation fee or captivating fee is charged. Living cost in Latvia is also very less as compared to many other European countries.
- Language medium: Latvian Universities follow strictly English medium instruction. So, students do not have to worry about learning the local language.
- No Entrance Examination required: There is no entrance exam for admission in Latvian universities. Students do not have to even bother about clearing IELTS/TOEFL. Though, qualifying the NEET exam is mandatory for Indian students.
- Facilities: Students are provided with their separate personal inns equipped with all the necessary facilities required. Classrooms and campus are well maintained. Laboratories and library are well-equipped with advance technology instruments and a rich collection of publications of all sorts to provide students with the best possible knowledge.
- Temporary jobs: Latvian students pursuing medicine are allowed to have 20 hours per week part-time job. The emergency clinics subsidiary to the medical universities in Latvia provide excellent medicinal services and keep updating with the most recent medical innovations and instruments.
- Rich culture and history: Latvia is a beautiful country, full of rich culture and history which makes it a favourable destination for international students to explore.
- Climate: Moderate climate is favourable for students from around the world who wish to pursue their course in this country.
Pre-requisites for applying at Universities in Latvia:-
- The student must be 10+2 qualified with any recognized board with minimum 65% marks with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as compulsory subjects.
- Students must qualify the NEET exam in order to seek admission.
- Age limit to apply in the university is minimum of 17 years and not more than 25 years. A student must be at least 17 years in age at the time of application.
- No another entrance test is required to seek admission.
- IELTS/TOEFL or any other language certification is not required to seek admission.
Application in Universities of Latvia made easy:-
- Apply online on the official portal of the university website you wish to study in.
- Select the course you wish to pursue.
- Upload the documents that are required or mentioned on the portal.
- Fill in the application form carefully.
- After submitting the forms, results are announced. If the student gets selected, they receive a confirmation and an invitation letter from the university.
- After receiving the letter, students have to pay required tuition fees in order to confirm their seats.
- Apply for the VISA.
- Letter of admission received from the University
- 2 copies of 10th and 12th mark-sheets and certificates.
- 5 passport size photographs
- Police clearance certificate
- Statement of Purpose
- Medical Fitness Certificate of the student.
- Application fees receipt
- Passport of the student.