CEBU DOCTORS UNIVERSITY
Cebu Doctors' University (commonly abbreviated as CDU) is a private university located in Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines. It was founded in 1975 at Cebu City, as Cebu Doctors' College, with the opening of its College of Nursing, one of the first nursing colleges in Cebu. CDU was granted university status by 2005 and moved to its present campus in Mandaue City by 2007. It presently has 8 colleges and a graduate school. It is the only school in the Philippines declared as a university without having basic education (pre-school - high school) curriculum and catering mainly to courses related to the health services field.
After successfully establishing Cebu Doctors' Hospital, its core founders conceived the opening of a school of medicine as another venue of service that may have a significant effect and contribution to the welfare and progress of the nation.
Through hard work and sheer determination, the Board of Directors of Cebu Doctors' Hospital unselfishly devoted their time to secure from the then Ministry of Education, Culture, and Sports, a permit to operate a medical school later called Cebu Doctors' College of Medicine.
On April 21, 1977, Cebu Doctors' College of Medicine (CDCM) incorporation papers were signed and its status as a non-stock, non-profit foundation was approved by the Securities and Exchange Commission on December 21, 1977.
CDCM formally opened its doors as a medical institution in June of Academic Year 1977-1978. Out of the numerous applicants, only eighty pioneer freshmen were accepted. Since then, its Board of Trustees has pursued a program of expansion which continues to this date enabling CDCM to grow and earn its mark as one of the best medical schools in the country. On November 23, 2004, Cebu Doctors' College of Medicine officially became Cebu Doctors' University College of Medicine, with the acronym CDU-CM, after Cebu Doctors' College was granted University Status by the Commission on Higher Education.
With the vision of President Perez, the University decided to subscribe to Academic One File for its E-Library making it the first university in the region to have such facility. It was inaugurated on February 14, 2011
Cebu Doctors' College of Allied Medical Sciences (CDCAMS) offers four-year programs leading to the degree of Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology and the degree of Bachelor of Science in Radiologic Technology. The B.S. Medical Technology program consists of three-year classroom instruction and one-year clinical rotation in the different affiliation centers, namely: Cebu Doctors' Hospital, CDCAMS Medical Technology Laboratory, MBBS study in PhilippinesMBBS study in PhilippinesMactan Doctors' Hospital, Kauswagan Community Health Center, Visayas Community Medical Center, North General Hospital, Cebu Puericulture Center and Maternity House.
Cebu Doctors' College of Allied Medical Sciences (CDCAMS) offers four-year programs leading to the degree of Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology and the degree of Bachelor of Science in Radiologic Technology. The B.S. Medical Technology program consists of three-year classroom instruction and one-year clinical rotation in the different affiliation centers, namely: Cebu Doctors' Hospital, CDCAMS Medical Technology Laboratory, Mactan Doctors' Hospital, Kauswagan Community Health Center, Visayas Community Medical Center, North General Hospital, Cebu Puericulture Center and Maternity House.
- College of Nursing (CDU-CN, established 1973) Level III status granted by PAASCU
- College of Arts and Sciences (CDU-CAS, established 1975) offers undergraduate degrees on biology, computer science, psychology, AB English major in ESL/EFL and International Studies. It also offers associate degrees in computer technology and health science education.
- College of Medicine (CDU-CM, established 1977)
- College of Dentistry (CDU-CD, established 1980)
- College of Optometry (CDU-CO, established 1980)
- Graduate School (established 1980)
- Institute of Allied Medical Sciences (CDU-CAMS, established 1982) later renamed College of Allied Medical Sciences offering degrees in medical laboratory science and radiologic technology.
- College of Rehabilitative Sciences (CDU-CRS, established 1992), created after restructuring of CAMS, offering degrees on physical therapy, occupational therapy and respiratory therapy
- College of Pharmacy (CDU-CP, established 2004)
|Fees||1st year||2nd year||3rd year||4th year||5th year||6th year||Grand Total|