CAPITAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
Capital University of Medical Sciences also known as Capital Medical University is a university in Beijing, China, which was originally called Beijing Second Medical College.
Abroad study in MBBSAbroad study in MBBSCapital Medical University (CMU) was founded in 1960, with the original name of Beijing Second Medical College. It ranks among the top academic medical institutions in China and is considered as one of the key municipal universities in Beijing. The founding President, Professor Wu Jieping, was a world-renowned urologist, member of both the Chinese Academy of Sciences and the Chinese Academy of Engineering. The current President is Professor Lu Zhaofeng.
The faculty physicians at CMU train annually several thousands of clinical residents and fellows. Also, the faculty members also provide continuous medical education to physicians and other health professionals through seminars, teaching rounds, and tutorials on and off campus. Over the years, the university has graduated a large number of academic leaders and general practitioners for Beijing and the whole country.
Abroad study in MBBSAbroad study in MBBSCMU is a well known academic institution for its strong competence in the scientific research. It hosts many national and municipal key disciplines, laboratories and some exchange stations for post-doctoral research. High-caliber national and municipal research and training centers and institutes are founded here, covering a wide range of fields including General Practitioner Training, Clinical Medicine, Basic Medicine, Neurosciences, Ophthalmology, Geriatrics, Urology, Cardiology, Pain Medicine, Toxicology, Biomedical Engineering, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Reproduction, Health Policy and so on. We have achieved national and international recognitions in many areas such as Neurobiology, Cryobiology, Immunology, Medical Iconography, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Cardiology, Cardio-vascular Surgery, Kidney Transplantation, Respiratory Disease, Digestive Medicine, Oral-Maxillofacial Surgery, Ophthalmology, Otolaryngology and Pediatric Hematology, among others.
CMU provides excellent international exchange programs. It has partnerships and agreements with many universities and institutions with more than 20 countries and regions, supporting activities such as faculty and student exchange programs, joint education and joint research projects.
CMU is proud to be at the forefront in the medical education, biomedical research and patient care. It is committed to bring the latest knowledge in basic and clinical sciences for peoples' care.
Abroad study in MBBSCMU consists of 10 Schools, 14 affiliated hospitals and 1 teaching institution. The university and the affiliated hospitals have a staff of about 20,000. Among the staff, there are 6 members of the Chinese Academy of Sciences or the Chinese Academy of Engineering, over 1,000 professors, and over 2,000 associate professors. The university has over 9,000 enrolled students. CMU provides a wide range of educational programs for Doctorates, Masters, Bachelors and certificates.
- International School of CMU
- School of Basic Medical Sciences
- School of Public Health and Family Medicine
- School of Biochemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- School of Biomedical Engineering
- School of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- School of Health Administration and Education
- School of Nursing
- School of Continual Education
Affiliated Hospital Is
- Xuan Wu Hospital, Capital Medical University (Founded in 1959)
- Beijing Friendship Hospital, Capital Medical University (Founded in 1953)
- Beijing Tong Ren Hospital, Capital Medical University (Founded in 1886)
- Beijing Tian Tan Hospital, Capital Medical University (Founded in 1956)
- Beijing An Zhen Hospital, Capital Medical University (Founded in 1984)
- Fu Xing Hospital, Capital Medical University (Founded in 1950)
- Beijing You An Hospital, Capital Medical University (Founded in 1956)
- Beijing Children's Hospital, Capital Medical University (Founded in 1942)
- Beijing Stomatological Hospital, Capital Medical University (Founded in 1945)
- Beijing An Ding Hospital, Capital Medical University (Founded in 1914)
- Beijing Obstetrics and Gynecology Hospital, Capital Medical University (Founded in 1959)
- Beijing Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospital, Capital Medical University (Founded in 1928)
- China Rehabilitation Research Center
- The Beijing Center for Disease Prevention and Control (CDC)
CMU Have 6 Campuses
- The Main Campus (Feng Tai District)
- International Campus Of CCMU (Feng Tai District)
- Shun Yin Campus (Shun Yin District)
- Wan Shou Lu Campus (Hai Dian District)
- He Ping Li Campus (Dong Cheng District)
- Dong Si Shi Tiao Campus (Dong Cheng District)
The college provides hostel to the international students. Two persons share a room with air conditioner, attached bathroom, color TV, telephone, bed with required amenities and furniture, free hot drinking, water heater, refrigerator, public laundry and kitchen, internet access. Students are required to pay the electricity and water they used.